Aaron has spent the past few weeks searcing for a new job. He loves where he is at now, but they do not provide medical insurance for our family. So, he has been putting his aplication in EVERYWHERE that he can think of.
This past Monday night, Aaron got on line, and found 15 new job openings in Phlebotomy! So, he applied for every single one of them!
Tuesday morning, Aaron was getting ready for work, and the phone rang. I saw that it was a lab, so I answered. When the lady identified who she was, I took the phone to Aaron who had a half shaven face covered in shaving cream. When I told him who was on the phone, he quickly rinsed his face off, and took the call.
He spent the next several minutes in an over the phone interview! At the end of the interview, the lady told Aaron that she would be forwarding his information on to the hiring managers, and if they were interested then they would contact him within fourty-eight hours!
So Aaron went back to finish getting ready, and then he left for work in a great mood!
A couple of hours later, the phone rang again. When I looked at the caller ID, I saw that it was a hospital that Aaron had been told about, so I quickly answered. When the lady asked for Aaron, I told her that he wasn't available, and I asked her if it would be ok for him to contact her the next morning. She said sure! So I called him at work, and gave him the good news!
The next morning, at 8:00 exactly, Aaron called back. He got an answering machine, so he left a message. Later, after getting ready for work, he tried again in hopes of reaching the lady that he neaded to talk to. Again, he got the answering machine. So, he took the number with him, and said that he was going to try again on his lunch break.
Later that afternoon, I got another call from the hospital. I told the lady that Aaron wasn't home, but that he was planning to call again on his lunch. She said "Oh no, I think he left a message like a half hour ago." So I told her that I would call Aaron at work, and let him know that she was in the ofice and he could call her back now. She said that would be perfect, so thats what I did.
When Aaron came home from work that night, I didn't even give him a chance to get through the door before I asked him what he had found out. He then inforned me that he had an interview on Friday morning!
So last night, while I put the kids to bed, Aaron cleaned his shoes. He wanted to look his best for his interview.
And then this morning, he got up as soon as the alarm went off. (with out complaning about it I might add) And he quickly got ready. I spent the whole time wondering how it was going.
About an hour later, I saw the van pull up, and I was at the door waiting for the news! He told me that the interview went very well, and he had a very good fealing about this one! They had told him to call them back when he got to work. This would give them a chance to talk it over, and make a decision, and when he called, they would let him know weather they would be hiring him or not. So I told him that he had better be calling me as soon as he got off the phone with them or I would be clling him.
So Aaron left for work, and I put Kenzie down for a nap. I then turned on The Princess Dearies 2, and sat down with Kyle to watch it.
Shortly after the movie got going, Aaron called. He quickly told me that THEY OFFERED HIM THE JOB, AND HE ACCEPTED IT!!! He is now going to be working in a hospital lab!!! The only draw back is that their probation period is six months. But we have gone this long with out insurance, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now! I am just so excited that we will actually be able to have health insurance again!!! It will help us out so much!!!! On, and I almost forgot, they also offer tuition reimbursment to anyone who goes to school. Aaron is trying to decide if he would rather be a lab technitian, or do something in radiology. We have been trying to figure out how we would be able to afford this, but now we will fianally be able to!
I AM SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, October 10, 2008
FIANALLY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Courtney, have you checked into ACCESS health insurance through the state? They even have a coverage for kids called Kids Care for people that make too much for ACCESS but, not enough to pay for health care out of pocket. We had it with Michael and they cover everything, we paid like $20 a month which is the highest you would have to pay no matter how many kids you have. Just thought you might like to know.
Post a Comment