Last night I thought I heard the wind blowing, and so I looked outside. I was totaly shocked when I saw the continuis lightning. Just after that, Kimber called me and asked me if I had seen the sky. I told her that I had, and we spent a few minutes talking about how crazy it was.
While I was talking to Kimber, Aaron walked in from work, so we, and I got to really see how the storm was picking up.
After we got the kids to bed, I heard the rain start, and I looked outside again, and WOW!!! it really was raining HARD, and the wind was blowing it streight in at our window. This lasted for HOURS!!! Every time it sounded like the storm was going away, it just picked right back up again. And I have never EVER seen lightning like that in my life. It was just nonstop, and the thunder was just one continuious rumble!
This morning just after we woke up, my grandma called me from St. Johns, and asked me if Aaron had made it home from work alright. She then told me that down town Phoenix was hit very hard by the storm, and there was a lot of damage done. I then turned on the news and saw pictures of an intersection just about a mile away from Aaron's job. THERE WAS A LOT OF DAMAGE THERE! A roof had even blown off a building.
So, Aaron chedked the trafic reports, and started getting ready for work. He decided that he had better leave early just in case it took him a while to get there. The next thing I knew the phone rang. I saw on the caller ID that it was Aaron's work, so I answered it, and knocked on the locked bedroom door to get Aaron. (We have to lock it, or Kyle won't let Daddy get ready for work. When Aaron opened the door, his face was covered in shaving cream. I informed him of who it was, and he took the phone. A few minutes I heard hem laughing. When I asked him what was so funny, he told me that It had been his boss on the phone. When she had gotten to work this morning, ALL OF THE POWER WAS GONE!!! It was so bad that they ended up having to close the lab down for the day!
WOO HOO!!!! Aaron already nad Monday off because it is Labor Day, so now he has a 4 day weekend!!! It is kinda not good because he does not get paid time off, but I am really glad that we get to spend a little more time with him! I hope we have another storm like that, it was pretty cool!!!
Friday, August 29, 2008
THAT WAS QUITE A STORM
Posted by Courtney at 11:47 AM
Labels: Aaron, Interesting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment