#1
For those of you who don't know, Deer Valley Highschool is in Glendale. Just down the street from where Aaron grew up.
#2
#3
#4
However, I did end up waiting that long! On November 3rd, Aaron picked me up from my mom's house after he got home from work. (I was overdue, and they did not want me to be home alone incase I went into labor) And when we got out of the car, our neighbors down stairs from us were smoking, and there were a LOT of them, so it smelled really bad! I didn't want to have to smell it, so I ran up our stairs as fast as my pregnant body would let me.
The next morning, I woke up with contractions at 431 am. I happened to have a doctor apointment that day, so I went, and he said he thought I would probably give birth in a day or two. I was so sisapointed that he didn't send me to the hospital. (you don't really realize how long labor can take until you have been through it)
So, Aaron dropped me back off at my mom's, and he went back to work. My mom, sister and I timed contractions ALL DAY LONG And fianally at about 7 or 8 pm, my mom decided that I needed to head to the hospital. (This was November 4th by the way) Once there, they found that I was starting to get really dehydrated. I still don't understand why, cause I drank water ALL DAY LONG!!! (oh yah, Aaron met us at the hospital too) Anyway, they gave me an IV. and a HUGE thing of water to drink. They wanted me to have something in my stomach because they figured it would be a while before the really hard labor hit. It was after dinner time though, so they found me some fruit and crackers, and I started to eat. It was so yummy, and that's when the contractions picked up a little. Not enough to cause much progress, but enough that they thought I might get sick to my stomach. they had me quit eating and I took some sleeping medication so that I could actually get some sleep, and they planed to induce me at 7 am on the 5th.
Since it looked like I would be settleing in for the night, my mom went home to get some sleep herself.
As soon as I got comfortable, and was fianally able to rest, thats when the really hard labor hit. I asked for an epidural, but since it was the middle of the night, they had to call the person an call. By the time he got there, I was in a WHOLE LOT OF FAIN!!! I was contracting so much that they had Aaron hold me from one angle and I had to lean forward, and basicly hug my nurse to keep from moving! When the epedural was taped in place, I turned to the guy and informed him that he was my new best friend! Aaron laughed hystaricaly!!! Remember I had been awake and contracting for about 24 hours by this point. all I wanted to be able to do was get some sleep! So, the medicine started to kick in, and I fianally started to relax! The next thing I knew, my nurse was rushing in again. My contractions had picked up A LOT, and they were doing something to Kyle's heart rate. He stableized right away though and she decided to chedk my progress while I was awake. She was shocked to find that I was at an eight! We then called both our mom's and let them know that they should probably get to the hospital. They also hurried to give me the antibiotics that I needed, and the other half of my epidural. (they had only given me a walking epidural so I could still walk around. They then called my doctor, and got him on his way to the hospital as well. By the time he got there, it was time to push! And Kyle was out in literaly 5 pushes!!! He was born at 6:57 am on Brenda and Marshall's birthday!!! Brenda's request was granted!
#5
#5
The week before my duedate with Kenzie, I had a doctor's apointment. While at the apointment, I informed my doctor that my birthday was 2 days after my duedate, and could I please NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH LABOR ON MY BIRTHDAY! He then asked me if I would like to be induced, and I said YES!!!
My next appointment was the day before my scheduled induction. Aaron had to work, so my mom took me. Whele there, I found out that I was already dialated to a 3. He told me that I meght go on and go into labor on my own. I decided that I would rather not be home alone, so I stayed with my mom, and we went to visit my grandparents to pass some time! The next thing I knew, I started feeling contractions! We then left and went to my mom's house, and my contractions stayed strong! We They stayed at 4 minutes apart for about 30 minutes, so we called Aaron to meet us, and headed to the hospital. There were A LOT of babies being born, and all of the labor rooms were full. So I stayed in the triage area for several hours. My contractions stayed steady. Fianally somewhere in the middle of the night, A labor room became available. Once I got into bed and started to relax, my contractions compleetly stopped! I tried to sleep, but couldn't, and fianally it was morning! I decided to take a shower, to pass the time. Let me tell you, that was an interesting experience with an Iv stuck in my right hand. I then got back into bed and waited some more. Fianally, my doctor gave the OK to start the plitocin. Everyone kept telling me how much worse labor is when you are induced, so I was a little scared. But to be perfectly honest with you, It wasn't any worse than my labor with Kyle, infact it was probable a little easier! I did progress, but it was very slow. Fianally, I was far enough along to get me epidural. While I was getting the epidural put in place, my hair kept falling in my face and I was hugging a pillow to help me keep still while my nurse and Aaron also helped hold me. I was having a hard time breathing through my hair and the pillow, and it made Aaron and the nurse think that I was panicing a little. Truely all that was wrong was that I wanted to move my hair so that I could breathe! But I wasn't allowed to move, so I just dealt with it. As soon as I was comfortable again, Kimber was so sweet to lend me her hair tie, and even put my hair up for me. It was kinda interesting because I was only allowed to move so far, so the pinytail was kinda on top of my head! my brother in law Ryan saud that I looked like Pebbles, and he was right, I kinda did LOL
I spent the next few hours hanging out with my family, and waiting to be able to push. Pretty soon, Kimber had to go to work and she told me that I was not allowed to have the baby until she got off later that night. I ended up having Kenzie about an hour later at 2:57 PM, and she was not very happy with me. She came to the hospital at 11 pm that night and got to meet Kenzie!
Kenzie's birthday is 2 days before mine, but My cousin Rhonda was born on October 20th! The day between mine and Kenzie's birthdays!!!
I also just found out that my aunt Pam who is my Dad's sister celebrates her birthday on October 18th. This means that her birthday is just as close as Rhonda's is. (added 8/31/o8)
#6
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11



0 comments:
Post a Comment