We recently got new insurance for the kids. I was really excited because the doctor who helped me after my menen itis was on this plan, so I was really excited to be able to get our kids in for their well checks.
Well, a couple of weeks ago, I got a letter in the mail telling me that the kids were assigned to a certain doctor. I wasn't too happy about it, but I didn't think there was much that I could do about it, so I called and made an appointment.
Today, I got the kids ready, and my grandma and grandpa G. were nice enough to take me to the appointment. The appointment was at 10:30, but we left at 9:30 because we had never been there before, and we didn't want to be late if we had a hard time finding the place. We ended up finding it right away, but we sat in the truck for a few minutes because it was still really early.
At 10:00, Grandma and I took the kids inside. Grandpa decided that he just wanted to stay in the truck and wait. There was a Sonic near by, so he headed over and got himself a soda, and then came back and waited in the parking lot.
Grandma helped me fill out all of the paperwork, and Kyle was getting really rowdy. So I took him back out to "Pappa's" truck until it was our turn to be seen.
We then Waited........
and waited....
And waited......
AND WAITED!!!!!!
When I asked my grandma what time it was, it was after 11:00. We then waited several more minutes, and it was FINALLY time for us to have our turn.
The first thing that I noticed was that this place WAS NOT a pediatricians office. It was a family practitioner who also happened to specialize in cosmetic surgery.
The second thing that I noticed was that they had NO CLUE what they were doing!
They took Kenzie's height, and then took us into a room. They then tried to take Kyle's blood pressure. He was NOT happy about it, and would NOT cooperate! So they couldn't get it. (My question is since when do they take kids blood pressure????!!!) We used to go to an EXCELLENT pediatrician!!! (who I plan to go back to ASAP) And he NEVER once took Kyle's blood pressure! They then tried to take Kenzie's blood pressure! I don't know much about medical stuff, but I do know that her arm is WAY TOO SMALL FOR ANY BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! And ofcorse I was right, it was WAY too big for her!!! They then looked in Kyle's ears, listened to his heart and lungs, and said they would be back.
Through all of this, Kyle was THROWING A FIT! At his old doctor, he NEVER acted like that! He loved it there!
We then waited AGAIN!!!............ FOR A VERY LONG TIME!
The kids were so tired! I finally started singing with them, and they liked it! We sang OLD McDonald, The Wheels On The Bus, Popcorn Popping, and many more! Kenzie even started singing by herself. It was so cute!!!
Finally, they came back, and decided that they had to take take kyle's weight, and both of the kids heights. They pretty much just guessed on the heights and the girl even said that she was probably wrong by like 5 inches! We then went back to the room, and they looked at Kenzie's ears, and listened to kenzie's heart and lungs, the doctor then asked me if Kenzie had been given some strange blood test, I told hem that she hadn't, and he then walked to the door, and said that the nurse would be back.
We then waited again!
Pretty soon, they came back with an order for some blood test, and told me to go get it done.
I left that doctor feeling very um comfortable with the whole situation! I talked to my mom about it for a couple of minutes, but she was only on a break at work, so she could only talk for a few minutes. So I called Aaron's mom because I just had to have someone to talk to about the whole situation.
She told me that I am allowed to change the doctor that I am assigned to, and that was such a relief to hear those words!
So later on after folding the laundry, I got the book of different doctors out. I was then so excited to see the name of Aaron's former home teaching companion listed as one of the pediatricians!!!! It was like Christmas! I am so hopeful that he will be able to see our kids! If not, I hope he can refer us to someone! I know that we would be able to trust anyone who he would refer us to!
When Aaron got home from work, I showed him the order for the blood test that they wanted Kenzie to take, and he said that it is a test that they use when a child is sick, and they are trying to figure out what is wrong! NOT for a child getting a check up.
We just need to find a doctor who we can trust, and who will accept our insurance plan! BECAUSE I WILL NOT TAKE MY KIDS BACK THERE AGAIN!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!
Posted by Courtney at 7:49 PM
Labels: Fustrating
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Dang... what doctor's office GUESSES on height. Idiots. I wouldn't take them back either!
Post a Comment