Yesterday was the annual Christmas party for my Dad's side of the family! It started at 6:30 pm, so at 4:30 we started getting ready. Yes, I realize that that probably seams pretty early to you, but when you have 2 kids that you have to bathe, and get ready , as well as get ready yourself, it can take a while.
Once everyone was ready, I locked myself in the bathroom to put my makeup on while Aaron kept an eye on the kids. I had just finished applying my foundation when I heard a very loud HO HO HO, followed by a knock on our door.
Aaron opened it, and I walked out just in time to see SANTA standing in our doorway!

The kids LOVED Santa! I was a little worried that Kyle wouldn't want anything to do with him, but I was happily surprised! Both Kyle & Mackenzie wouldn't leave him alone! He stayed for a couple of minutes, and the kids had so much fun hugging him and playing with him! He then said that he had to get back to the NORTH POLE and make sure that Rudolf had some food, and see if MRS. CLAUS had dinner ready yet :) Kyle and Mackenzie chased him all the way to the door! They didn't want him to leave! It was so cute!!!

We then noticed that it was time for the party to start! So we hurried to finish getting the diaper bag ready, and we got in the car and headed to the party!
We had lots of fun singing Christmas songs, and Kyle sang Jingle Bells for our family's talent. I was also asked to sing, You can watch that video if you scroll up just above the beginning of this post.
We then had our manger scene!
Mackenzie git to be a sheep!

Here is the whole manger scene! Aaron was Joseph, I was Mary, my brother Clint wanted to be the baby Jesus (yes you read that right) Kimber was a Shepherd, Kyle, Kenzie, and my brother Kyler were sheep, My cousin Haley was the angel, and my cousin Trevor was a wise man.

Aaron & I as Marry and Joseph


After the manger scene, we had doughnuts, hot chocolate, and warm cider! It was DELICIOUS!!!
I had Alicia take a picture of my sister Kimber and I and Clint wanted to be in the picture too!

Here is Kenzie enjoying her doughnut!

That sippy cut Kyle is holding is full of hot chocolate! He LOVED IT!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment