SURPRISE #1
Our family has been without medical insurance for over a year now. It hasn't been easy, but I have grown and learned a lot through my experiences of the past year.
As you know Aaron recently started a new job a couple of weeks ago. When he accepted the job, he did it with the understanding that he would have to work there for six months before he could become eligible for benefits. We were a little sad about this, but we were also excited because there was a light at the end of the tunnel on having no insurance.
Yesterday, instead of going to work, Aaron had to attend his first day of 3 orientation classes. When he came home, he was in an exceptionally good mood, and I wondered why. So I asked him how his day went. He immediately blurted out that the company is starting open enrolment, and he will become eligible for benefit's starting January 1, 2009! I just stopped and staired at him in a stunned silence, I couldn't believe it!I almost cried, I was so happy!
It will take a while, but we will Finlay be able to get back on our own feet again!
SURPRISE #2
Today, when I went to get my jeans to put on for the day, I realized that I hadn't washed them yet.
I then hurried to my dresser hoping that I still had something in there that I could wear. I pulled out a black pair of pants from way in the back, and realized that I hadn't fit into them since before I got pregnant with Kyle. I decided to try them on, knowing that they wouldn't fit, and was shocked when I was able to get them all the way on! I was SHOCKED!!! It has been almost 4 years since I have been able to wear them! They are still a little tight, but THEY FIT ME AGAIN!!!!
The last time that I was at my Grandparents house I had weighed myself on the scale in their bathroom, and found that I had lost 13 pounds, but I hadn't really thought much of it.
I know that this all probably sounds really lame to all of you, but it is HUGE for me!
I guess Having A WHOLE LOT OF STRESS, and A LITTLE BIT OF MONEY is a REALLY GOOD DIET! ha ha ha!



0 comments:
Post a Comment