OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
♥AARON♥ ♥COURTNEY♥ ♥KYLE♥ ♥MACKENZIE♥

A FEW SONGS I LOVE!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

CHRISTMAS EVE

On Christmas Eve, Aaron had to work. So, the kids and I hung out at home for a few hours until their excitement, and rowdiness started to overwhelm me a little, so I called my mom and asked her if we could come over a little early so that the kids could get a change if scenery.

She said that it would be fine, so I got the kids ready and we waited for Kimber and David to come and pick us up. Once at my mom's house, she fed us Lasagna and garlic bread for dinner. It was very yummy!

Since the lights on our Christmas tree don't exactly work any more, I wanted to get some pictures of the kids in front of my mom's Christmas tree when it was all lit up.

Here are some of my favorites of Kenzie!




Kyle would have NOTHING to do with having his picture taken, so this is the very best that I could do. :)
It was then time to head to my grandparents for their annual Christmas Eve party! And Aaron pulled up just as we were getting ready to leave, so he was able to drive me and the kids there himself.
When we got to my grandparents house, I tried the door, and was surprised to find that the door was locked for some odd reason. I soon learned why.


The door was soon opened by my grandparents, and this is how they were dressed :)
Every year, everyone who wants to gets to preform a talent.


I wasn't sitting in a very good place to take this picture, but this is Brenden, Colten, Dylen, and Caden playing their instruments.


This is Jessica, Josie, and Jase playing their instincts.

Jessica and Jase then did a rap to some silly little song :)


My cousin Megan then played a song on the piano (I don't have a picture) And then her sister Jocelyn read a poem.

Then it was my turn. I Sang a song called Peace, Peace, Peace.

Then my brother Kyler, and my sister Kimber did a little dance along with a Christmas figurine that my grandparents have.



Kimber then read a poem.


Mackenzie had lots of fun playing with my cousin Marshall!


My cousin Amanda is learning to play the guitar, and she played a couple of songs for us.

And Marshall sang the "Ding Fries Are Done" song from Burger King:)


We then did our gift exchange. We don't draw names or anything like that. At Thanksgiving time, we all draw a color, and a letter, and then you have to find something that fits what you drew for a dollar or two. It's harder than it sounds. We then use a little story to pass them around a circle, and that is how we figure our who gets what gift.
Kyle got a cool white hat.


We then went back to my Mom's house where we met up with my Dad and his wife Diana.
Here is Kenzie opening one of the presents.


They gave Aaron, Clint, Kyler, and David Marshmallow guns. Kyle got to shoot one a few times, and he LOVED it!!! I have never seen him laugh so hard!!! :)



Mackenzie was more than happy to be the clean up crew! :)

After they left, My mom gave us each our Christmas Eve presents to open. All of us got matching penguin jammy pants, and Kyle and Kenzie each got their own jammies.
Here is Kyle and Grandma Kyle is wearing the shirt to his new jammies.
We then headed home to put the kids to bed. Here is Kyle all ready for bed. We gave each of our kids slippers to open on Christmas eve, and Kyle was very proud of his.
And here is Kenzie in her new jammies from Grandma! Before we went to sleep, we checked to make sure that Santa came. He did :)
He brought this for both of the kids to share.
He brought this stocking for Mackenzie!

And he brought this stocking for Kyle!






























0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...