OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
♥AARON♥ ♥COURTNEY♥ ♥KYLE♥ ♥MACKENZIE♥

A FEW SONGS I LOVE!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

THE LATEST INSTALMENT IN THE JOB HUNT

Yesterday, Aaron woke up early, and got ready to go. He then ate breakfast, and hurried out the door to head his trial run.

Meanwhile, I put dinner in the crock pot, did the dishes, laundry, played with the kids, posted some Thanksgiving recipes on my blog, etc. pretty much anything to make the day go by faster.

About an hour or so after Aaron left for the day, I got a phone call. I didn't get to the phone in time, so the answering machine ended up getting it. I turned out to be the lady who was in charge of his hiring process for the hospital that has already hired him. She said that she had done some checking, and she had found out that they will accept a doctor's note for Aaron's blood treasure!!! I first thought "are you kidding me? First there were no jobs, and now there are too many!"

My day went on, and some time around 3 pm, I got a call from Aaron. He I could tell immediately that he sounded disappointed. I asked him how his day had gone, and he told me that it had gone very well. He knew everything that they had expected him to know. However, they want him to get a little faster before they can hire him. They told him that they want him to get 2 months more of experience in and then come back and they would have a job for him!

Now here is my opinion on this matter:
Aaron has NEVER been a phlebotonist in a hospital setting before. He worked in a low level clinical lab where he maybe did 20 patients a day. He went from that to doing somewhere around 80 patients, with brand new procedures. He only missed ONE draw our of ALL of those! (it is normal to occasionally miss a draw) The only thing that they said that he was too slow on was picking up their procedures. Aaron also tole me that he felt like he was starting to get the hang of how they did things around there. He felt like if he had been given a couple more hours, he would have had it down. The lady had originally told him that she would give him a couple of days to see how he picked it up. She only ended up giving him 6 hours! To me that is NOT FAIR!

So anyway, I told him about the phone call, and, and he told me that as soon as he got home, he would get started on getting that doctor's note.

When he got home, he called the occupational health center, and confirmed that they would accept a note from his doctor. They also told him that if he could get it, they would be open until 7:30 pm, and if he could get it by then, they would accept him as a walk in without an appointment!

So, Aaron called his doctor and left a message, but it was so late in the day that they did not get back to him. So, plans to go down to the doctor's office first thing Monday morning and see if he can get a note.

The guy who is helping him find a job is also trying to get him a part time position an another hospital. I feel very confident that he will have a job soon, I am just not quite sure where that job will be.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...