When we were dating, there were 4 things that Aaron inormed me that he DID NOT LIKE, AND WOULD NEVER EAT OR DRINK!!!
1. Beans
2. Milk
3. Potato Salad
4. Tator Tots
This made me a little sad because these are all some of my vary favorite things. But I thought Oh well, when we are married, I will just make beans, and potato salad occasionally.
Some time soon after we were married, we went to some family thing, and my mom had brought a big bowl of potato salad. I convinced Aaron to try it, and HE LIKED IT!!!
Some time after that, he noticed how much I like milk! It is truely my favorite thing to drink! He decided one day to give it a try, and he soon grew to love it too! He now drinks milk whenever he can!
One of my very favorite casseroles is Tator Tot Casserole. I knew that Aaron didn't want to eat tator tots, but I explained to him that it was one of my favorite things to eat, and I would really like to have it for dinner. He agreed, and to his surprise, HE LOVED IT!!!
This all took place with in just a few months of being married.
The beans were quite another story! I would make them occasionally, but really not very often. He would eat them, but I could tell that they just weren't his favorite.
Then came tonight! I made a recipe that I have grew up on! It has always been one of my vary favorites, but I have never actually made it until tonight.
When Aaron got home from work, I warned him. I told him that I had made beans, and if he didn't like them he wouldn't hurt my feelings. So, he got the bowl out of the fefridgerator, and tasted them before heating them up. AND TO MY COMPLETE AND TOTAL SHOCK HE LIKED THEM!!!!! HE ACTUALLY SAT THERE AND ATE THEM!!!!!! I know that it sounds silly, but I NEVER THOUGHT THAT THIS DAY WOULD COME!!!
Monday, October 20, 2008
I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How funny. I totally see where he gets some of them from though. I HATED potato salad until like 2 years ago. Our family wasn't much of bean-eaters and I too despise tater-tots. I like all of the above now, except for tater-tots, but I'm always willing to try new things!
And I think you're ingenious, by the way. My goal is to get Ryan liking cream cheese eggs and fruit (not together of course). It will happen someday. I'm confident.
PS...have Aaron make you cream cheese eggs. I think they're pretty delish.
I will definately have to have him make them for me!!!
And by the way, Aaron liked the beans so much that he took the leftovers to work for lunch today!!!
Post a Comment