OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
♥AARON♥ ♥COURTNEY♥ ♥KYLE♥ ♥MACKENZIE♥

A FEW SONGS I LOVE!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Yesterdah was my birthday! I turned twenty-seven, and I had A GREAT DAY!!! Soon after we woke up, Aaron started making me a chocolate cake! I told him that I could make it, because I knew that he would have to get ready for work soon. But he told me that I should NOT have to make my own birthday cake. Unfortunatelly, it did not cool fast enough, so he made his Mom's YUMMY homemade chocolate frosting, and had it all ready for me to be able to frost the cake when it was cool enough
I fristed it, and luckily there was some left over frosting! The kids and I shared a little bit of it and it was SO YUMMY!!!





I had so much fun just playing with my kids all day!!!
In my family, we have a tradition to call call everyone when it is their birthday, and sing happy birthday to them!
I think the funniest phone call I got was when my Grandpa and Grandma Gross called. They sang to me like normal, and then grandma asked how old I was now. When I responded with "I am 27 now" I could just hear the devestation in her voice. "Oh Courtney, you can't be 27! Jerry she's 27!" Grandpa's reply from the background was "Good Gosh!" My response to this was "arn't you glad that I am the oldest grand child, and you don't have any older than me? " Grandma responded very quickly with a "YES!"

One of my very favorite things that happened was when Kyle climbed up into my lap and started singing happy birthday to me! It was not the whole song, just the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" over and over again. With occasional pauses to say "You're welcome Mom!" and give me a kiss! I truely have the sweetest kids!!!

That afternoon, my Mom and my youngest brother Kyler stopped by! My Mom gave me this AMAZING COOK BOOK THAT I AM SOOOOO EXCITED TO USE!!!

AND ALSO MY VERY FAVORITE DESSERT OF ALL!!!!!
CHERRY CHEESE CAKE!!!!!!
Later that evening, I got a phone call. I didn't recognize the number, so I just let the answering machine get it. It turned out to be my bishop wishing me a happy birthday! I will have to remember to thank him when we see him at church on Sunday.
A few minutes after that, my Dad called and asked if the kids and I had eaten dinner yet. I told him that we hadn't, so he asked me what we would like from McDonalds!
He and Diana soon knocked on our door. They gave us food, and me a birthday card! I think my sister said it best when she said "I LOVE CARDS FROM DAD!!!" when she opened her own birthday card from my dad a few weeks ago.
A little while after Dad and Diana left, Kimber and David stopped by. They let me borrow their USB cord since mine is lost. that is why you are seeing all of these posts now. Otherwise they would have already been on here.
David showed me a cool new song that he had found that day, and we listened to it.
A few minutes later, they went home. I then got the kids ready for bed, and Aaron got home from work about a minute before Kyle fell asleep. We then had a nice time watching TV. while Aaron ate dinner. I looked at my new cookbook, and he watched a movie.
I had a very wonderful day! And I am so glad that I got to share it with my family!!!








0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...