Do you remember where you were on September 11th? I know I sure do! Aaron and I were talking about it just this morning while he was doing some job hunting. I remem I remember that I had just finished getting ready for work, and my mom had taken one of my sibblings to school. When my mom walked in the door, sne said " There's a lot going on in the world today kids." Since it was early in the morning, and none of us really wanted to be awake, we hadn't turned the TV or radio on, so we hadn't heard anything.
We then turned on the tv just as the footage of the towers falling was being replayed. I couldn't believe my eyes! My mom then took me to work, and we watched the news formy entire shift. I worked in a day care center at the time, and I'm sure that the kids were just thrilled!
Every day for that whole week, after work, I would sit down in front of CNN with my journal and a pen, and I would write down anything new that happened. (yes I know, I am a nerd)
Aaron says that he remembers being woken up very early, andbeing told that he had 10 minutes to be down stairs in full gear. For those of you who don't know Aaron was in the Army. He then mostly talked about how much they more they had to do because they had to be ready for anything!
On this day when we remember how much was lost on 9-11-01 lets take a minute to thank those who fight and put their lives on the line every single day to protect uss!
The following is a bulletin that my cousin Rhonda posted on Myspace. Since most of you don't have Myspace, I thought that I would share it here also.
You stay up for 16 hours.He stays up for days on end.



You complain about how hot it is.He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.





















0 comments:
Post a Comment