OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
♥AARON♥ ♥COURTNEY♥ ♥KYLE♥ ♥MACKENZIE♥

A FEW SONGS I LOVE!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO?

OK. This post is probably going to make me sound like a brat, but I just have to vent a little bit...... sorry!

I don't know a whole lot about our next door neighbor. All I know is that she is a lady with 2 kids. The son is iether in his late teens or early twenties, and the daughter is I would guess is somewhere around 10 or 11 years old.

A few months ago, we had just gotten the kids in the car and were driving off (I don't remember where we were going) And the lady next door ran to the street and flagged us down. It was almost A WEEK AFTER RENT WAS DUE for the month. She walked up to Aaron's window, and asked us if we were Mormon. We told her that we were, and she then told us the story of how she needed help paying her rent for the month, and asked if we knew of anyone who could help. I told her that we had to be somewhere right then, but as soon as I got home I would give her a phone number. And I did. As soon as we got home, I looked up the phone number for LDS family Services, and had Aaron take it to her.

A couple of months later, she knocked on my door (Again, right AT the time to pay rent!) And told me that she didn't have enough to pay, and she was selling tamalle's to pay her rent. She asled me if I knew of anyone who might be interested in buying some. I told her to give me a little while and I would make some phone calls and see what I could do. Within less than an hour, I handed her just under $100.00! (Thanks again to those of you who helped!!! And Dad, your tamalle's are still in our freezer by the way)

Then this month, THE DAY BEFORE RENT WAS DUE, she came to my house and asked me if I was Mormon. I again told her yes. She then asked me for the phone number of my Bishop because she was again unable to pay her rent. She also added in this time that she has cancer. We had just gotten back from our vacation the day before, so we had not been to church that week, and did not have a ward bulletin. I did nowever remember that I had been emailed a ward list because of my new calling. So, I told her that I would have to get on my computer and find the number, and I would get right back to her. However when I loged into my email, I found that the email had somehow been erased. I then remembered that the Exectutive Secretary had called me the night before. So, I looked at me caller ID, and sure enough, his number was still there! So I called him and there was no answer. So, I left him a brief message explaining the situation, and then went over to my neighbors and explained that I couldn't find the number and had a message in to find it out for her, and told her that I would get back to her as soon as I had any information for her. About an hour later, she came back to my door asking if I had heard anything, and I appoligized and told her that I hadn't heard anything yet. She then asked me if she could go to church! I told her that ofcorse she could! and told her what time we meet. That next Sunday, We ended up not making it to church because I WAS NOT FEALING WELL AT ALL!, But I wondered if she had gone to church or not.

The following Wednesday night, I opened the door and stepped outside with the kids because I had heard Aaron pull up, and was a little surprised to see Aaron talking to our ward mission leader, and Aaron's former home teaching companion. When Aaron got in the house, he told me that our neighbor had been to church, and And the two guys were now coming to talk to her and her kids! I was so excited! This past And then a couple of days later, I saw the Bishop and one of his councelers come to visit her! Then this past Sunday, (when I was walking the halls with Kenzie) I ran into Aaron talking to the ward mission leader before priesthood started. I then joined the conversation and told him that we had been trying to help her the best that we could. He told me that he knew that we were, but there is just so much need there that it will take many people to help. NOT JUST ONE PERSON CAN. I figured that was probably the case. And we have honestly been trying to help her out in every way that we can!
Along with everything else, this past month, they have been borrowing our phone. Now don't get me wrong, I have NO PROBLEM with lending our phone to them, but they are starting to take advantage of it, and it is making me a little upset!!!

The first time, the son came over and asked to borrow it. I told him sure, and expressed that I would prefer that he stay at our house to use it, partly because I wasn't sure how far the signal would reach. He then said let me just go get my stuff then, and walded to hid house with the phone, and did not come back until about 30 minutes later. Hethen came back later that same day and asked to borrow it again, and agaqin he took it to his house and did not bring it back for qsuite some time!
The next day, we got up early and went to the grocery store before Aaron had to leave for work. We had not even had the chance to get the kids settled, or put the groceries away before he was knocking on the door AGAIN to use out phone. I told him sure because I do want to be a good neighbor, and again, it was a long time before he brought it back. The same thing happened again that afternoon. When he brought it back that time, I happened to check the last call dialed. it was an 800 number. Now, I know that most of those are free, but I also know that some are not, and we do not have long distance on our phone, so if it did cost money, I don't know what we will do!

The next day, we had to go somewhere again, and ofcorse, we had no dooner gotten home than he was asking to use our phone! Luckily, I had forgotten to put it on the charger the night before, so, I could honestly tell him "I'm sorry, but it has to charge."

After that, he waited a couple of days before he asked again, and the next time they had it for mabey ten minutes or so. I had no problem eith that!

Then today, the daughter came over around lunch time and aslked to borrow the phone. I thought OK, they were fine with it last time so I will let them borrow it. I then got busy and forgot that they had my phone. I then looked at the clock and saw taht it was almost 2 PM (OH MY GOSH! THOSE PEOPLE STILL HAVE MY PHONE!!WW!) I sat there for a while trying to figure out what I should do. I wasn't sure if I should go over there and ask for my phone back, or what. I don't know exactly how long they had it, but it was WAY OVER AN HOUR!!!

Now, first of all, I need my phone! I DO NOT DRIVE, AND THE SUN MAKES ME SICK!!! WHEN AARON IS NOT HOME, MY PHONE IS MY CAR!!! If I nead ANYTHING I have to be able to call some one to either pick me up, or pick up my debit card and go get something for me. I can NOT just walk to the store, first of all, it is not safe, and second of all, I would end up really sick! Now the other thing is, THERE IS A PAYPHONE ON OUR STREET!!! I see these people take a taxi cab every single day, I KNOW that they have money for a pay phone!!!
I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with sharing my phone with them when they really do need it! But I don't see how they can NEED to use the phone that much, and for that LONG amount of time!!! I want to help them, but at the same time it really feals like they are starting to take advantage of the fact that I am trying to help them! And another funny thing is that they almost NEVER ask to use it when Aaron is home, it is ALMOST ALWAYS JUST AFTER HE LEAVES! Do they plan that or is it just a coincidence?
I am sorry for complaning, but I just had to vent, it is really starting to get to me!

1 comments:

The Pritchard Party said...

Courtney, I have to say something. You are such a sweet person and I know Heavenly Father blesses you for that, but there is a difference between being a good neighbor and letting people walk over you. You can help them when they're really in need, but they ARE abusing it. There's no if about it. It's your property. It needs to stay in your house. Personally, I would tell them they need to find another phone to use, because they haven't been abiding by what you've asked of them. Either that, or go to Walmart, buy a cheap phone for $15 and give it to them. That's money well spent for not having to worry about your phone every day. I love you and I know you're kind, but sometimes you have to be firm in order to do what's best for you and your family. And what's best for you and your family ALWAYS comes first. That's my 2 cents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...