OK. It is very late, and I am very tired, but I am currently waiting for my shirt and skirt for church tommorow (Well I guess technicaly today since it is after midnight) to finish washing so that I can put them in the dryer so that I can go to sleep. I was having kind of a hard time staying awake sitting on the couch, so I decided to tell you about our fun night!
My sister Kimber had invited us swimming, but she didn't get off of work until 6:30 pm. So we decided to go to McDonalds for dinner. While we were there, we learned that Kenzie absolutely loves cheeseburgers! This is pretty funny because Kyle loves chicken nuggets, and if I put a cheeseburger in front of him, he will not touch it!
When we got back home, we noticed a fire truck parked at the building next door to us. At first we were wondering what was going on, but then we noticed about a million kids standing there, and we quickly realized that the firemen were teaching the kids about the fire truck.
Kyle was very interested in seeing the firetruck, and wanted to go see it too! So, we started getting the kids out of the car, and the next thing we knew, out neighbor was standing next to Aaron inviting us over to join the fin! So I walked over to the firetruck with Kenzie in one arm, and Kyle holding my other hand. Aaron ran to the apartment to call my sister and tell her that we would probably be a few minutes late. However, our phone was dead, so he just cane down and joined us. One of the firemen gave each of the kids a fireman's hat, a coloring book, and a sticker! Kyle was so excited!!! He wanted to go see it up close, and it just so happened that they were letting the kids walk through the firetruck and see it so I started that direction with Kyle, but before we got there, the firemen got a call and had to leave. Kyle was a little disapointed, but he was ok.
After the firetruck left, the same neighbor came up to us again, and invited us to stay for the block watch meeting. We decided to stay because as soon as the firetruck had left, almost everyone else did too. We felt kinda bad. So, we wint up to the table and signed outselfs in, and the next thing that I knew, the wife of the guy in charge handed me a stuffed anamal, and a firetruck book! We then listened to what they had to say whick lasted for all of about 2 minutes, and then they invited us to stay and have muffins. We felt kinda bad that we had to decline their offer, but we really did nead to get over to Kimber's house before it got too late, so we headed home.
After we got everyone in their swimsuits, we went to Kimbers, and it was so nice to go swimming!!! It is so stinking hot here, and the watter felt so good!!! We then went over to my mom's for a few minutes, and let the kids say hi to Grandma! Pretty soon, it became very clear that Kenzie wanted her bed, so soon after, we got back into the van and went home.
When we got home, I wanted to get some pictures of the kids in their fire man hats!Kyle thought that his hat was the coolest thing ever, and didn't want to take it off! He even tried to wear it in the bath!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
OUR FUN FAMILY NIGHT!
Once we got the kids bathed, and in bed, I realized that I had forgotten to do laundry today because we had been very busy and hadn't been home very much! I also realized that if I didn't do laundry, I wouldnt be able to go to church. So here I am waiting to put my clothes in the dryer!Oh well, luckily since I am a mommy, I am used to being up late! (for example, Kenzie woke up SEVEN times last night, and woke Kyle up twice! Even though Aaron and I took turns waking up with her, that is still a lot of times to get up in one night! Especially since we had stayed up late to watch the opening cerimonies of the Olympics)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment