Let me just start out by saying something to those of you who do not have kids yet. Once you do, YOU WILL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN! ha ha, just kidding! you will sleep on occasion!
I am writing this mostly just as a way to help me stay awake. Last night, I was so proud of myself, I actually got both the kids to sleep by the time that Aaron got home from work. I was so excited, Aaron and I actually got to eat dinner together, just the 2 of us, and then we had brownies and watched the Olympics. It was nice to be able to have some time together just the 2 of us! That dosn't happen very often.
However, at around 11pm, Kenzie woke up for a bottle. So Aaron got one for her, and quieted her down. She then woke up sometine somewhere around 1 amand had a very wet diaper, so I changed her, and put her back to bed. Then she woke up again somewhere around 2 am. and Aaron got up with her again. Each time, poor Kyle got woken up, but fortunately he went right back to sleep! Then at 3:30 am she woke up again. This time she had a meassy diaper, and wanted another bottle. And this time Kyle was awake!So I got her changed and put her back to bed, and then Kyle said "oh no, it's a meass" I checked and sure enough, his diaper had leaked all over his bed. So, I changed him, and by this time he was compleetly awake. I took him back to his bed anyway in hopes that mabey he would go back to sleep. (Aaron had put a clean sheet on the bed for him.) He was a very good boy, and honestly did try to go back to sleep. However Kenzie on the other hand, will NOT go to sleep when Mommy or Daddy is in the room. Which is not a good thing since Kyle will hardly EVER go to sleep unless we are in there.
At about this time, I also noticed that our air conditioner had quit working. This scared me a little because recently people have been stealing AC units off of the buildings. I had Aaron change the batteries on the thing on the wall, and we waited and waited, and it still didn't work. After about an hour, he decided to try changing the batteries one more time, and luckily this time it worked! Thank goodness!!!
This whole time, Kenzie had been screaming because Mommy wasn't picking her up, and Kyle was wide awake because Kenzie was very loud. So I had Aaron take Kenzie out into the living room in hopes that Kyle would then fall asleep. No such luck. I fianally gave up, and came out into the living room too.
Aaron offered to let me go back to sleep, and he would stay up and watch the kids. It was a very appealing thought, but I told him to go ahead and go back to sleep now, and I will sleep later in the day.
So now here I sit. In a couple of hours, we will go to the mall, and walk for about an hour before the stores open. Then we will run a couple of erinds, and tnen I will get to sleep YAY!!!!!
And then later tonight, we are hoping to go out on a date! We havn't done that in about 3 months. But that all depends upon if we can find a baby sitter or not. You see, this was kind of a last minute decision, and we haven't exactly asked anyone to watch the kids yet. So we will have to see how that one turns out.
Although being a mom is sometimes hard, and sometines, I get very little sleep, I wouldn't have it anyother way! My kids are amazing, and so, so, so SWEET! I love them more and more every day! And I am so blessed to have them in my life!!!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
I WISH I WAS SLEEPING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey, if you guys can't find anyone to babysit, Ryan and I might be able to come out and help. You two deserve a date.!
You know that Clint and I will babysit anytime you need someone! We love the kids! :)
Post a Comment