This morning after sending Aaron off to work, I went back to sleep because it was still really early.
A little while later, I woke up to Kenzie SCREAMING, not just her usual "Ok I'm awake now, come and get me" cry.
So, I hurried to the dishwasher, got her a fresh sippy cup for the day, and filled it with milk for the day.
When I got to their bedroom door, I saw that Kyle was still sleeping. This made me very happy because this meant that once I gave her the milk, and got her tucked back in, I could go back to sleep too!
This did not happen, in fact quite the opposite happened.
As soon as I got to her crib, and tried to hand her the cup, she started to scream louder which woke Kyle up (ofcorse)
So I got both the kids up, changed their diapers, and got them some breakfast. When I finished eating my own breakfast, I realized that they were both still eating, so I decided to take the opportunity to get some cleaning done. While I was in the middle of leading the dishwasher, Kenzie started screaming again, she was running a slight fever, and she wouldn't let me touch her mouth, so I gave her a little bit of baby Tylenol, and went back to my work.
Kenzie was getting really mad at me , and she started screaming at me. I was at a place where I could stop, so I walked over to clean her up from breakfast, and get her down to play.
She then proceeded to throw up.
Kyle was quietly watching Toy Story, so I picked Kenzie up, and took her into the bath to clean her up. She was NOT happy to be in the bath tub!
Kyle soon came in the bathroom, and asked if he could get in the bath too, and I figured Why not, I can get both of the kids baths out of the way.
So he got himself ready, and climbed in. I was facing the other direction trying to get Kenzie rinsed off, and I realized that I smelled poop. I turned my head, and soon saw that Kyle had taken off a poopy pullup. (sigh)
I hurried to get Kenzie in a fresh diaper, and then noticed that the poop had compleetly fallen out of Kyle's pullup, and was all over the little bathroom rug. I quickly cleaned it the bast that I could with toilet paper, and then folded it in on it's self so that Kenzie wouldn't walk through it while I finished Kyle's bath.
After getting Kyle dressed, I then got to clean up the highchair. I am one of those people who can gags when someone else throws up, so this was a very fun task for me. :) I also got to put the poopy bathroom rug in the washing machine.
I then remembered that my visiting teachers had been planning to come over, and one of them has a 7 month old little boy that she usually brings with her. I didn't want him to get sick, so I quickly found her phone number, and called to reschedule.
Then finally, an hour after defrosting it, I finally got to start getting dinner ready to put in the crock pot for the day!
I am not telling you this story to complain, I am telling you because it has reminded me of something that my dad has told me more than once. He told me that "No one is a true parrent until they have more than one child." I used to be kind of hurt by this comment, but now that I have 2 kids, I am realizing how completely true that statement really is because now I understand exactly what he meant. He wasn't saying that people who have only one child are bad parrents, he was just saying that they don't have to experience ALL of the little trials that come with having more than one.
Just like everything else in life, being a mom is easier on some days than others. I am so grateful that I have been blessed with 2 beautiful, sweet kids to love forever!
Monday, January 19, 2009
"SIGH"
Posted by Courtney at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
You have such a positive approach to everything! I really admire that! I hope that Kenzie gets better fast!
Post a Comment