When we first took him in there, he would have NOTHING to do with it! He chased us back up the isle, and out the door. So, I handed Kenzie off to my sister who was there helping me, and walked Kyle back to his class. I gave him a quick hug, and tried to leave again, but that wouldn't work. His teacher asked him if he would like to sit on her lap, and he wasn't sure, so I sat him on her lap, and ran out the door with my sister and Kenzie. We stood out there for a couple of minutes (out of Kyle's sight) And listened. We could hear him screaming louder than singing time, and he was in the row that was the farthest away from where we were standing. I felt kinda bad, but I also knew that he needed to learn to stay with his class, so I headed to my own class as hard as it was.
Later on while I was rocking Kenzie to sleep in the mother's lounge, a member of the Primary Presidency came in, and I asked her how Kyle was doing. She said that he had calmed down after only a few minutes, and that he was doing great now!
On my way to Relief Society, I learned that Kyle's Classroom is right next to the Relief Society room I liked this idea, because I can hear very well (this is because my hearing has made up for what I have lost in vision) So I Knew that I could kind of keep an ear on if Kyle was crying or not. Just after I lead the opening song, I heard him laughing hysterically! I was so happy to hear this, it made me feel good!
When I want to pick him up, he saw me and ran out to me excitedly showing me the sunbeem crown that he had colored, and the CTR necklace that his teachers had made for him! When we got into our van, he was waving to the church building, and saying "Se you later church!" So I really think he enjoyed his first experience in Primary! I think that it will just take some time for him to get used to not crying at the beginning.



0 comments:
Post a Comment