Today we had an interesting day! We got to church a little early as we usually do, and got the kids situated.
Once Sacrament Meeting started, Kenzie sat quietly drinking her milk for a little while. This made me feal really optimistic since my goal it to make it through the Sacrament before I have to take Kenzie out each Sunday to put her to sleep. Well, this did NOT happen! as soon as the opening song started, Kenzie was squealing, so I took her out to the foryer to sit on the couch until the Sacrament was over so that I could atleast take the Sacrament out there before heading to the Mother's lounge to put Kenzie to sleep.
Once in the mother's lounge, Kenzie DID NOT want to go to sleep! And it didn not help that there were a couple of other mother's in there with tiny babies. Kenzie absolutely LOVES babies, so she wanted to sit up and look at them! And also talk to them :) After a while (a long while) I fianally got her to sleep!
So, I quickly headed back into the chapel, and sat down just in time to her the very end of the last talk. Then the closing song started, and Kenzie started screaming because the music startled her.
Aaron then took Kyle to Nursery, and I headed to our Sunday School class. However, our teacher was sick, so we ended up going to Gospel Docterine instead. By the time we got there, most of the seats were taken, so we ended up having to sit in the front row. I hate sitting in the front row! Pretty soon, Kenzie was squeeling again, we kept her quiet with a stuffed frog for a few minutes, but it didn't last long.
Before long, I found myself trying to rock her to sleep in the mother's lounge again. I did have some entertainment though. The Primarry kids were practing their program for Sacrament Meeting, and they were NOT listening to their leaders. It was just kind of funny to listen to. I could hear it all since they were in the chappel, and everything that comes over the microphone in there is heard through a speaker in the mother's lounge.
After a while, I could hear people walking around in the hallway, so I decided to go see if Aaron was out of class yet. He was, and I gladdly gave him his turn to watch Kenzie!
Rrlief Society started well. I lead the first 2 songs, and I was enjoying actually being able to listen to the lesson! Then Kyle was brought to me from the Nursery because he had fallen and hit his head on a window. I tried to keep him with me in class, but it quickly became quite clear that this was not going to happen, so I asked a girl to lead for me, and I took Kyle out into the hall.
After a while, he seamed to be ok, so I took him back to Nursery. He went in fine, but he would not let me out the door. So I snuck out the other door, and waited outside for a while to make sure he was ok.
After a few minutes, he wasbrought to me again because he had a full pullup. Aaron's class just so happened to be right across the hall, and Aaron just so happened to be sitting right by the open door. So Aaron who had the diaperbag with him took Kyle to change his diaper, and I watched Kenzie. There was a member of the elder's Quorum presedency out in the hall with his 6 month old daughter, and she and Kenzie had a great time playing together! As I said before, Kenzie loves babies!!!!! I just had to keep reminding her to be gentle! Pretty soon, another guy came out with his daughter who was 18 months old, and the 3 little girls had a great time playing together!
When Aaron came back form changing Kyle, ther was only about 10 minutes of church left, so we just decided to head home!
Church is very hard right now simply because Kenzie is at that really tough age where she is too old to want to hold still, but still too young for Nursery! When Kyle was her age, Aaron and I were Nursery workers, so he got tgo go in several months early. This is the first time we have ever had to deal with this kind of thing on Sundays! But oh well! pretty soon, she will be through this stage and I know that we are blessed for going to church each Sunday, even if we don't get to sit in class and listen like we would like to.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
PARRENTHOOD ON SUNDAYS
Posted by Courtney at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment