Today I was lucky enough to have jury duty AGAIN! I really wish that they would find a way to give every one their fair share of turns! This is the 4th time that I have been called to jurry duty 4 times since I have been married! I havn't even been married for 4our years yet!!! I havn't even counted the times that I was called before I got married! And what ticked me off even more is that there were a lot of senior citizons in my group today that this was their first time EVER being called to jurry duty!
So anyway, I went, and sat there forever and a day, and waited for four and a half hours for them to decide that they did not want me on the jury. Thank goodness for the line of work that my parents are in! They let me go home every time!
There was one funny thing that happened though. When I was released from the court room, I went out in to the main lobby to wait for my grandpa G. who was on his way to pick me up. I had an empty soda can in my hand which I had been drinking, before I had gone back into the court room to find out who the jurry was. I had been allowed to take it into the court room with me, and I had never seen a trash can since, so I just kept it with me.
I was sitting there looking out the huge front wondows when a security guard came up to me and told me that I was not allowed to have it in the building, and asked me how I had snuck it in. I quickly explained that I had just been released from jurry duty, and I had bought the soda in the break room, and that an asistant to the judge had shown me where I could get it, and told me that I could keep it with me. He said " Oh, you were a jurror? Oh, well, then you are allowed to have that in here. That rule dosn't apply to jurrors!" He then started talking to one of the other security guards about when he had nad to go to jurry duty in Phoenix. I just thought that it was kinda funny.
Meanwhile, The kids got to spend the morning with Daddy! Daddy gave them breakfast, and then got them ready to go to my grandparents house to play. When Aaron dropped them off, he was surprised to see that my aunt Amy was there with her youngest son, my cousin Caden, who just so happens to be 8 months older than Kyle. Kyle and Caden had a great time playing together! And Mackenzie latched on to Grandpa! She even called him "Pappa" for the first time today! When ever pappa had to go somewhere, she would just sit there and scream until he came back and picked her up again.
I am so glad that my jurry duty is over for now! And I am even more glad that My kids had so much fun today!!!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
JURRY DUTY..... YES AGAIN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment