EArly Saturday morning I wrote about how we had been awake half the night with the kids. I mentioned that I hoped to take a nap later on that day, and well, that definately did not happen! We did have a very fun day though.
At about 7 am, we got everyone ready, and we went to the mall and walked. After 4 laps, we decid to sit down in the food court and relax for a few minutes. After that, it was off to Wall Mart. ( We basicaly live at that store) We had a couple of things that we had to pick up, and so since we were already there, we decided to price crib matresses since Kyles matress has pretty much seen it's day. (No he does not sleep in a crib, but the crib matress does fit his toddler bed) We found a good one that we could aford, so we made plans to buy it later. (we would have bought it right then, but thats kind of a long story) So we then got back in the car, and went home.
The night before, Aaron had mentioned that he wanted to see his side of the family, and it had been quite a while since we had seen them, so once we got home, Aaron called his parents and asked if we could come over and visit for a while. Luckily, they wern't too busy, and said that we could come over, so, we packed a diaperbag for the day, and off we went.
We had lots of fun over there, and the kids loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa. They live on the other side of the valley from us, and with gas prices the way that they are, it costs a lot to go there and back. We were also excited that we got to see Aaron's younger sister Alicia, and her husband Ryan! They also live on the other side of the valley. As soon as we kind of invited ourselvs over, Aaron's mom called them and told them that we would be there soon if they wanted to see the kids. We are so glad that they were able to come over, because the kids had so much fun playing with them! Aaron's mom also tried out a new cookie recipe, and as Aaron puts it, we got to be the test dummies! They were very yummy!!!
After spending a few hours over there, we went to Albertsons where Aaron's youngest brother Jacob works. He was a little disapointed that he would be working and wouldn't be able to see the kids, so, we decided to stop by and say hi. Luckily, we got there right as he was taking his lunch break. I guess he had been telling some of the other employies about Kyle, because he had a great time carying Kyle around the store and saying "This is the one I was tilling you about! He's only 2" I wish I had a camera every time that people find out how young Kyle really is. It is always fun to see the looks of amazment on their faces.
We then decided to try looking for the crib matress at the Wallmart over on that side of town, so that once we got back to our side of town, we would just be able to go home. And we were in luck! They had the matress, and the protective covers that we neaded! We were a little afraid that they might not have what we were looking for because they are in the process of turning that store into a super center, so they don't exactly have a full stock of everything right now.
We then headed home. And by this time, I was so tired and hungry that I had a pounding headache, and I was getting kinda dizzy. Aaron was such a sweetheart! He brought my pillow out to the couch for me, and got me a blanket, (because I am always freezing) And he took care of the kids, AND he made dinner for us all. I was so grateful for his help! He just let me rest there on the couch until dinner was done! Once dinner was done, he fixed a plate for Kyle, and then one for me, and he got me a big glass of milk! He knows that milk is my FAVORITE!!!
As soon as I had food in my stomach, I felt MUCH better, but I was still VERY tired! So, I pretty much fell back asleep on the couch and the next thing I knew, the kids were both in bed. I don't remember much from that point on except that my sister called, and Aaron handed me the phone, and I do remember talking to her, however, I can NOT remember anything I said. (I hope I made sense Kimber) I then remember heading to bed, and falling asleep. Aaron said that he went to bed about a half hour later, he tried to give me a kiss on the cheek to say good night, but I guess I didn't show anysigns on knowing he was even there, so he decided it was best to just let me be. He got a good laugh out of it the next morning when he told me about it.
Neadless to say, we did not end up going on a date that night. Hopefully we will get a chance to do that another week!
Monday, August 18, 2008
OUR FUN AND VERY BUSY DAY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Courtney I love the new site. you have really done a great job! Keep adding pictures I love to see them.
Post a Comment